Workprint Master vs. Final comparison: "Hung Up" by Madonna (2005)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by IAmJefferson, Nov 12, 2017.

1. IAmJefferson

IAmJefferson 2000s music listiener

INTRODUCTION
    Recently I downloaded a (workprint) master video of Madonna's 2005 single "Hung Up". After comparing it to the final one (albeit the final version is in .VOB format). I noticed some (but almost major) differences between the workprint and the final versions. Both of them are almost identical, but some of the scenes are absent on both versions.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    The "workprint master" of the music video weighs around 805 MB (due to the bitrate of the file being 19.9 Mb/s, hence having a higher image quality), while the final one is a .VOB file. The "workprint master" of the music video was downloaded from TheCentralBox, while the final one (in .VOB format) was downloaded from this thread. The problem though is that I can't share it here because my upload speed is very slow.

Older workprints of Madonna's material (particularly from the 80's and 90's) are usually poor quality (don't get me wrong, due to its film and tape artifacts). However, as time passed, it has been changed since the 2000's and present (even with the rough cut version of Madonna's Turn Up The Radio).

The workprint was leaked sometime around August 2015. The workprint has the same quality as the .VOB release, except it has a higher picture quality (due to the bandwidth and the codec). Most of the scenes that aren't present in the final version usually features closeup shots of Madonna.

COMPARISON SCREENSHOTS

CHINESE RESTAURANT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "BRONX" SCENE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NOTE: Parts of the scene where Madonna is walking can be seen where it was shot continuously.

CLUB SCENE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ARCADE SCENE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]