(REQ) Coldplay - Glastonbury 2002 (Full Performance)

Discussion in 'Requests' started by sawdrones, Jun 30, 2020.

1. sawdrones

sawdrones Member

I would appreciate it if someone uploads it on MEGA or Cloud.mail.ru or Yandex Disk or even Google Drive.

Thanks in advance.

asithappens likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. stephend2000

stephend2000 Member

I don't think this exists in its entirety. Betacam tapes I've seen only contain a small portion of the concert.

4. bennettisawesome

bennettisawesome Member

I mean I just looked it up and found it on YouTube but the video source itself is very compressed. The audio source is mentioned to be FM, and it doesn't sound too bad. I'm curious though about these Betacam tapes you are talking about, where could one find them?

5. sawdrones

sawdrones Member

According to the description of this video
    (
    )
    it says "...Video could be way better, it was taken from an .AVI transfer, not an original DVD - but the audio quality is great thanks to the FM source." Parts of the concert were aired on BBC Choice, while the rest was aired on other channels. I have seen some torrents of the concert but with very little to no seeds.

6. bennettisawesome

bennettisawesome Member

Yeah, that's the YouTube video I was talking about. I can't actually seem to find any other sources for it, all I'm finding is Coldplay Glastonbury 2005.
    There is a Betacam tape that exists of Glastonbury 2002, https://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-Glastonbury-2002/release/11542130, but it hasn't sold in over 2 years, so you could maybe look out for it being sold again (it's possible), as it's likely the best quality you'll find this in (I think the YouTube video is from TV). You could also try and find someone who has it and is willing to digitize it.

Edit: There's also a VHS tape (https://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-2-Performances-Live-at-Glastonbury/release/15028392) with 2 songs from Glastonbury 2002, which wouldn't be as good quality as the Betacam, and they aren't any songs excluded from the Betacam tape which do seem to be in the YouTube version (again presumably from TV due to the watermark?)

7. stephend2000

stephend2000 Member

If we could get the betacam version we would be sorted. I have contacted the original buyer many times with no luck. I do however have a VHS tape with In My Place and Trouble but the quality isn't the best compared to what we could get from betacam. I think the original version has been lost. I have an AVI version but it was captured at the wrong frame rate and resolution. We want PAL 25fps 720x576.

8. bennettisawesome

bennettisawesome Member

Where did you get the AVI version if I may ask? Does it have watermarks? (which would indicate it came from TV I think)

9. alvarojam

alvarojam Member

I have a few DVDs with the show. Don´t recall if any has the full show, but maybe mixing them you get the full set.
    -BBC Choice - 30 minutes Broadcast
    -EMI Promo Master VHS

I'm always looking to trade... Send an email to alvarojam@hotmail.com

asithappens likes this.