Report dead link?

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by Jenkins, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Jenkins

Jenkins Well-Known Member

Hey guys :victory:

So - I've been on this site for quite some time and downloaded many hundreds of things - and currently have 1800+ threads bookmarked for download - and after that - there's even more stuff to get.

There are a lot of dead links and it's damn frustrating. Is there a way to report a dead link? What I've done so far is write a PM to the uploader in question but that's a big drain on time. Is there a button that users can click that will inform the uploader(s) that the link(s) in their thread(s) are down?

Thanks again.

2. ThePixelFarm

ThePixelFarm Livin' in a dream... Capper V . I . P.

3. Jenkins

Thanks bro. I wasn't aware of this. I'll paste in a whole bunch of links when I get to the end of my bookmarks - which probably won't be anytime soon.

Thanks for all of the uploads by the way :)

ThePixelFarm likes this.
  4. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator
    Staff Member AdMiN Capper V . I . P.

The best you can do is to start a conversation or post it on the request thread.

I try to keep my links as available as possible and I also mirror a lot of contents from other users.

Sometimes users don't use one of the hosts from the list (those which don't delete by inactivity). Or rarely and unfortunately there are cases like Cloud.mail.ru's in which hosts change their terms which causes a great hit that we're still trying to recover from.

5. Jenkins

Oh, shit. That explains a lot. The majority of the dead links I've encountered are of content hosted on there. What a pain. I still have something like 2000 threads (bookmarked) to go through and once I get to the end of those - I'll probably flood the request forums with stuff that's down. Maybe I'll PM the uploaders first, but I'm noticing most don't respond or haven't checked in for a long time. Regardless, I'll figure that out once I get there.