New changes and rules

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by nitrocell, Oct 11, 2015.

1. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator
    Staff Member AdMiN Capper

I've been making some changes in forums and sub-forums, let's start

Music Videos:

No more music videos scraped from Youtube official accounts, thats just pointless downloading those low bitrate reencodes and posting it here, I've deleted a lot of them from the old "SD Tube bag", most of them nobody downloaded and were all dead links

SD sub-forum added, only HQ .vob / other files, these files are usually taken from HQ sources like DVD's

HD Live Performances:

BLU-RAY category added, for Blu-ray's and BDRips, threads will be moved to this correct subforum
    (The objective is to make a distinction between official released media and all the rest)

SD live performances:

The "SD tube bag" was a really desorganized dump now I've renamed to "SD live performances"
    No more crappy dumping reencodes downloaded from Youtube and other tube sites are allowed

DVD category added

DVD's (DVD5/DVD9) [single ISO image file or folder structure with VOB files] should be a top priority, since there are very few DVD's here, and this is usually top quality content with demand

(The objective is to make a distinction between official released media and all the rest)

Documentaries:

New forum created for documentaries, DVD's weather are official or unofficial, and TV ones
    (I have about 9 Avril Lavigne documentaries, I'll post them soon :))

DVD category added

Television teasers:

Renamed to "Interviews / TV shows / Others"

Mixed SD/HD (WEB-RIP's and HDTV/TV), only videos that contain interviews, if videos contain interview/TV show + live performance it goes to the respective live performance forum

________________________________________________________________________________________

New thread icon prefixes assigned for each forum and sub-forum, please use them for a better user guidance and organization

About images:

About images hosting, I've seen quite a lot of threads with caps and thumbnail off, images should never be off, images hosting usually never has inactivity rules, but usually images are never innactive for a long perioud of time

Images only die because of crappy "summer hosts" that last a short perioud of time and then die, or images that are selfhost in sites that also die

Please try to upload to reliable known hosts like Imgur, if you are scrapping images from other places please try to copy their url and simply remote upload them by pasting the url, Imgur has this feature

About files:

Only self uploads are allowed, no more links scrapped that are exposed in other places, that generally use crappy affiliate filehosts, these links usually die soon, whether its for innactivity or reports

Please follow the rules:
    http://sharemania.us/threads/filehost-upload-rules.20492/

________________________________________________________________________________________

Eastern media:

I've been thinking about creating a sub-division, rename the category "Video Mania" to "Western Media"

And create a category "Eastern Media" for K-POP and J-POP, with the same forum names
    I won't do it right now

There is lot of media of this, specially K-POP, and these file usually fade in asian tracker/torrents that slowly fade and die
    Usually eastern sites are not very intutive for people "like us"
    The objective would be to gatter more asian people and cappers that also capture this media from their TV channels, and start a base comunity for this content

I don't know if there is many people interested, I'm a fan of a couple bands and also collect media

I'm open to all kinds of sugestions and opinions :D:super:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    VodzigorLans, 777josem and Dreamer like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Lana Del Rey ♥ Capper Uploader

I have a pretty big collection of kpop music videos, but most of them aren't rips from TV. They're from korean music services - Melon, GomTV and Bugs! (same as TIDAL for example), but not low quality rips such as Youtube rips.
    I don't know whether they're suitable for this site.

4. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator

About music videos, if you have masters or TV caps thats valueble, but from tube sites not so much
    But I don't know what kind of bit-rates these sites use

I'm more interested in people sharing TV captures of TV shows / performances

VodzigorLans likes this.
  5. Dreamer

nitrocell
    Which asian bands you are a fan of? :)

6. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator

Many bands like AOA, EXiD, Girls' Generation, 4minute... and also listen other male bands
    I'm usually just 1 more of those eastern fans that doesn't understand sh*t :p but I usually put lyrics/translation on the side when along with the MV
    I this is my favorite site for that:
    http://colorcodedlyrics.com/2015/04/exid-ah-yeah-a-ye-unofficial-lyrics

About collecting I only collect AOA stuff, massively, just TV caps (.ts files) with no reencoding

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  7. Dreamer

Basically about 10mbps. These sites are almost the only sources of high quality caps of korean music videos.
    Caps from TV are quite rare and doing by japanese i guess, because caps are from japanese TV channels only. And basically they are japanese versions of korean mv.
    But about live performances is not a problem, because there are tons of them. :p

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    nitrocell likes this.
  8. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator

I had an idea for a forum called "Mega Threads"

Each "Mega Thread" has an artist/band as the title, these threads would be lists of all the videos of each ordered chronologically, and each thread would be assigned to 1 big fan as OP

Something like:

01/01/2015 - thread link
    03/01/2015 - thread link

What do guys/gurls think?

777josem likes this.
  9. 777josem

777josem Well-Known Member Uploader

Music Videos: I want to start by saying ... They finally youtube videos ended , this had me upset, youtube quality is simply rubbish.

HD Live Performances: I liked.

SD live performances: I liked.

DVD category added: I liked.

Documentaries: I liked.

Television teasers: I liked.

About images: I loaded a couple of photos to http://imgbox.com/ I hope to be a good server.

About files: cloud.mail.ru & docs.google.com I find most reliable.
    Eastern media: While there is a nice phrase that says... "To Caesar what is Caesar":victory:They host their videos on Baidu, I do not think the videos are lost.

In my opinión, there are not many Chinese here to download their videos. K-POP and J-POP is not to my liking. I like the MUSIC CULTURE of USA:love:

I have a suggestion:)

Forum Statistics
    : There any way to expand this section? Many of us like video sharing and the creation of 5 Threads, would occupy all the front and not know what else new videos are up, without having to revise section by section. Thank you.

[​IMG]

NicoleScherzy, nitrocell and Djodjara like this.
  10. Puchacz93

Puchacz93 Well-Known Member

Sometimes those Youtube music videos and performances are better to watch than their 1gb per music video equivalents and I am talking about watching them on a big 4k PC screen. Apart from the one I mentioned, I like the changes.

11. Anggi Edwarsa

Anggi Edwarsa Active Member

How about VEVO? I shrared Indonesian videos with VEVO quality.

12. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator

Well about MV I dont think real "masters" are lower quality than Youtube reencodes, about performances, it only makes sense, if that specific source is really rare and could only be downloaded from Youtube and there is anyelse here, otherwise it would also be much more interesting trying to contact that Youtube uploader to get that original source file, I've got some unreleased caps like that

Taking videos from VEVO site makes more sense, there is already a category for it, since these are higher quality and many times are blocked in some counties from VEVO site

I don't really trust that Imgbox much, Ive already seen unavailable images and there is no basic feature like remote upload

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/imgur.com
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/imgbox.com

Look at the global site rank difference
    Stick with the big players, they are usually more reliable and have more resources

About that newest thread feed, I already had that idea too, but didnt dig in yet, thanks for the sugestion

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    777josem likes this.
  13. 777josem

In my country VEVO.COM is locked:(But it is a very good source to get good quality videos.
    All right, then I will use the server http://imgur.com/:)
    I love Sharemania.us:love:

14. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator

Already edited the thread widget thing, it's now 15 instead of 5 :)

777josem, NicoleScherzy and Dreamer like this.
  15. Puchacz93

Puchacz93 Well-Known Member

Great, love it, thanks :).

16. adam dark

adam dark Video Music Lover <3 V . I . P.

I love all the changes makig here, is awesome to see good things coming to this amazing site......I in love with the new direction you take! :oops:

17. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator

18. 777josem

19. Anggi Edwarsa

Anggi Edwarsa Active Member

20. jack_black

jack_black Well-Known Member

Thanks for the new changes,
    I suggest 2 image hosts imagebam.com and someimage.com. They keep images raw-ed after being uploaded that is failure of imgur :(

21. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator

Well, I think compression on images is always great specially coming from Imgur, compression only applies to .jpg not .png that its a lossless format by default, but the main propose is just to show off some caps and thumbnails, the quality loss is imperceptible, in other hand it's also lighter and loads faster

If your talking about image set threads with pictures, raw-ed images (.jpg) obviously make sense to keep original autenticity

Imagebam is a big player, and I trust it pretty much, Someimage.com seems reliable, it uses a generic script same as the ImgBox, but it seems to be a commited host, also by being proud on showing their global stats in the main page

Reliability is a matter of time and resources that some host has, some of this sites can last a couple years from now, big players will last for decades from now until undefinitely or the the 3rd world war, thats for sure

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015