Filehost upload rules

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by nitrocell, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Anggi Edwarsa

Anggi Edwarsa Active Member

If your speed upload is slow in Mega.nz, try using MegaSync to upload, it's faster than ever. :D

2. 777josem

777josem ProRes 1080p LPCM V . I . P. Uploader

:victory:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  3. abdi

abdi Hi, if you need something feel free to PM me :) V . I . P. Uploader

I already have 50 mega accounts (2.5TB) + 50 cloud.mail accounts (750GB) accounts + 2 baidu accounts just to backup videos.
    :nothing to say::nothing to say::nothing to say:

4. abdi

5. abdi

---------------------------

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  6. nyuszika7h

nyuszika7h Active Member

Did cloud.mail.ru change something recently? I signed up for an account and only got 8 GB of space. And it says uploaded files may not be larger than 32 GB.

I only get like 2 MB/s on MEGA (that's with the website, MEGAsync starts off around 4 MB/s but gets worse and mostly stays around 1 MB/s, going slightly above and below). My upload speed is around 6 MB/s (50 Mbps).

7. abdi

yeah it happens to me too

nyuszika7h likes this.
  8. Dreamer

Dreamer Lana Del Rey ♥ Halsey Capper V . I . P. Uploader

Yes. Now they give you only 8GB. It sucks. :angry: 25GB was pretty good for starting.
    When cloud.mail.ru was only opened, they gave even 1 TB. It's a pity that I didn't know about an opening of this cloud storage at that time. :weary:

9. abdi

yeah me too late too. imagine that 1TB storage :oops::p

10. nyuszika7h

nyuszika7h Active Member

This file host looks really promising. 25 GB free and 10 TB for €5/month. They don't mention deleting after inactivity, it wouldn't make sense based on their advertising so I don't think they do that. No file size limits.

https://hubic.com/en/offers/

Edit: Never mind, this is not so good.

"The bandwidth is limited to 10 Mbit/s upstream and downstream."
    https://hubic.com/en/contracts/Contrat_hubiC_2014.pdf#page=2

"All shared files have an expiration date that can be set to 5, 10 or 30 days. There does not seem to be a way to share files without expiration date."
    https://www.ghacks.net/2014/02/08/h...ed-file-storage-solution-competitive-pricing/

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  11. Dreamer

Dreamer Lana Del Rey ♥ Halsey Capper V . I . P. Uploader

Only today I got to know that Yandex Disk will give you 32 GB forever till 3rd of July if you will download their app on your phone and turn on autouploading of pictures or videos. :victory:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    abdi likes this.
  12. abdi

omg thanks

Dreamer likes this.
  13. nyuszika7h

nyuszika7h Active Member

1fichier.com has a discount right now, €10 for a 1-year premium account, and I bought one.

With a premium account, you get unlimited storage*, 100 GB per file, and files never expire. You can use CDN credits which let you create hotlinks – unthrottled downloads even for unregistered users. You get 10 GB on signup, and 100 GB/month as a premium user. You can buy additional credits that do not expire, €10 for 1 TB.

* Note that it seems they only allow around 30 TB of "cold storage" (files that are not shared / downloaded by anyone), but there are people sharing up to 100 TB of content from their accounts without problems. (Source)

Also, they are located in France so the DMCA does not apply to them – they remove files if they receive a valid complaint, but it seems they do not terminate accounts for copyright infringement. (Source)

Are we allowed to use 1fichier hotlinks on ShareMania?

I keep a copy of all my uploads locally as well (though not right now until I get my external HDD back).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  14. Samuel

Samuel Well-Known Member

Was thinking of buying.

15. kingofusers

kingofusers Active Member

https://1fichier.com/tarifs.pl
    for me it says unlimited and I do not see 30 TB written anywhere hmm... am I blind? this would change things a bit for me. I always thought I could just keep storing there. You're comment scares me a bit although I've been storing for a while now and still I'm only a bit over 15 TB so it would not be an immediate problem.
    Edit: okay so I looked at the problem adressed and I contacted 1fichier about it as well but I maybe the only one here but I would be gladly paying more if it means I can keep my files and keep uploading maybe not at 4€ / TB / month but I would pay more. Not that I am in immediate danger of ToS violation but I do want to know if 1fichier can offer me a good solution to this - like pay an extra fee or sth. that is still in an acceptable range. Because if this is true maybe I can actually get the max out of em and then I just purchase a second account. Maybe.
    Seems like that may be on of my only options. Hopefully someone gets an actual answer out of 'em I will keep going on their nerves until I get sth. as I think like the original reddit poster that this is an outrage! Unlimited has to mean unlimeted. Frankly if I got a message like that and had the money :D (that w ould be the problem - the money) then I would sew them for that termination of service. They are located in france, hence the french name so they have to follow their laws and I'll bet anything that french laws do not allow user manipulation (although when it comes to digital protection France isn't the king as VLC still claims they can use the codecs cause France doesn't credit software copyrights - i'd have to read a lot :) not sth I like doing)
    If there are requirements for the space to be unlimited it should say so if there's a penalty - it should say so. I would argue them and I would try anything in my power to destroy them if they fail to make the right changes (to ToS/tarifs)
    Do you know what they mean by: Premium Networks
    Because for just storing and sharing it seems like the access offer would be good enough.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  16. kingofusers

http://workupload.com/ seems good if the file you want to share is less than 2 GB. full speed for everyone. I would always though for sharing use scrambled names maybe just numbers as not to be discovered so fast by the service. I would recomend to do this on any service unless you are using account just for sharing anyhow https://workupload.com/ is generally supported by http://fastserver.me/free/ which is a benifit as this lets you transfer files to 1fichier & co easily but right now the plugin for that sight on rapidleech seems broken. I reported it just now in their cbox system but it might take some time until they adress the issue
    They say they record IP Adresses for legal reasons but who doesn't - even if they say they don't it doesn't have to be true.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  17. nyuszika7h

nyuszika7h Active Member

@kingofusers Indeed, 1fichier doesn't say any explicit limit on their site, but they have complained about multiple people going over 30 TB according to the reddit thread. I understand that it's not possible to offer "unlimited" storage at such low prices, but then they should be honest about it from the start.

Not exactly sure what "premium networks" means, but without premium you only get 1 TB of storage and your files are deleted after 30 days without download. Also you don't get CDN credits in case you want to share hotlinks with non-premium users.

If you pay using bitcoin, using multiple accounts may work, since bitcoin transactions have no source address. But if they see you accessing both accounts from the same IP, they may get suspicious.

18. kingofusers

They can't really have anything against me purchasing another account. That would be downright stupid. I think.

19. nyuszika7h

nyuszika7h Active Member

@kingofusers The 30 TB approximate limit was mentioned by users in the reddit thread I linked. But it's not a definite "you are safe below this" threshold, as some users have gotten warnings for being just below that threshold. Like I said, 1fichier doesn't officially mention/enforce any particular hard limit, because they "don't want to be unfair to legitimate users".

And yeah, buying multiple accounts alone might not be a problem, but who knows, maybe they will still complain you are not paying them enough.

20. nitrocell

nitrocell
    Administrator
    Staff Member AdMiN Capper

1Fichier makes sense for backup with a lifetime account, I know them for years...

Anyways isn't very fitfull for free users since they have an inactivity rule of 30 days.

Their downloads cap at a certain speed, so there are better options for unlimited public sharing like Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Cloud.mail.ru,... and you just make as much accounts as you want it just takes a couple seconds

No need to bother with premium subscriptions, just set and forget